I suggest you ...

Support Sql Server Compact in Visual Studio 2013

please bring back visual studio 2013 tools for sql server compact and improvement capebilities of tools and sql server compact. please add trigger and prosedual sql feature to sql server compact. over milion application data stored in sql server compact database and need continue supporting this tools

1,112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mojtaba KavianiMojtaba Kaviani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When developing applications for small businesses where cost is of more consequence - I don't think having to purchase a server and server software for what could well be a tiny database would be a selling point - SQL CE is a good choice in the event the business expands and then help transfer easy to SQL Server.

Alan

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need an embedded database that has a small footprint and is easy to install with click-once deployment. LocalDB does not satisfy this requirement. Do we need to use yet another third party control to give us this basic functionality?

• AlmazAlmaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what a mockery? Sql ce must live and to be improved. Bring it back please

• ArminArmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that SqlServerCe is not supported anymore, partly to make room for new products like LocalDb. but unless Microsoft comes up with a new and improved embedded database engine i think its better to keep supporting SqlServerCe. there are countless applications using SqlCe on different platforms (desktop, mobile, web). there are many embedded database engines available to the .NET platform, but they all introduce some kinda challenges, most notably, they don't provide solid ADO.NET Providers with support for LINQ and EF. SqlServerCe supports LINQ and EF beautifully, so if Microsoft can't continue developing SqlServerCe and improving the product, for whatever reason, at least they can support it in VS2013 for backwards compatibility.

Regards,
        Armin

• Paul HPaul H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this to Visual Studio 2013 and beyond. SqlCE meets a specific need where a light weight database is required

• tezukatezuka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring it back please

有償ツールなのに有益なソリューションもなく廃止とはがっかりだ...
        返品したい....

• SteveASteveA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this to Visual Studio 2013 and beyond. Sql Server Compact meets a specific need where a light weight database is needed and LocalDb is too heavy. Please don't fail us now Microsoft.

• Darrell TunnellDarrell Tunnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hear that Sql Server Compact has been discontinued and that is why support for it has been dropped from Visual Studio.. Don't discontinue it Microsoft - Open Source it! That way it will live forever.

• Ralph MetelRalph Metel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring SqlCe back! Why, Microsoft, you are not consistent in your decisions, in every new VS version you overthrow concepts, which have been introduced in previous one!

• xschxsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried sqlite with Entity Framework : no way ! It's so easy with SQL Server CE...Please, bring it back !

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base