I suggest you ...

Support Sql Server Compact in Visual Studio 2013

please bring back visual studio 2013 tools for sql server compact and improvement capebilities of tools and sql server compact. please add trigger and prosedual sql feature to sql server compact. over milion application data stored in sql server compact database and need continue supporting this tools

1,289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mojtaba KavianiMojtaba Kaviani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

75 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Everything old is new again.Everything old is new again. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah taking it away was typical "Microsoft"... I'm working through a "not to old" book about C# and lo and behold... the whole quick and dirty "LocalDB" it relied upon is "poof" and "gone".

Actually everyone using Microsoft products just need to realize that they have dedicated themselves and their skills and their tools to being obsoleted and replaced every so often at the business whims of Microsoft.

If you don't like it... quit using Microsoft stuff... if you don't quit... get used to it and quit whining... and retrain yourself over and over.

• Peter TPeter T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So i'm forced to use SQLite now?
        That sucks so much i cant express it in words..

• ChetChet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LocalDB is not SqlCe. SqlCe was perfect to store app settings and such. What is the alternative?

• MikeeMouseMikeeMouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wtf ... the best things are always taken away ... this toolbox BS is so ****** I want to puke all over my i7. THIS is the reason MS wont get my support anymore!

Where do I store my settings now for SQL Server ? are we back to flat files again?
        Talking about taking something good and f-ing it up just like skype! hand it to MS and they will show you how

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When developing applications for small businesses where cost is of more consequence - I don't think having to purchase a server and server software for what could well be a tiny database would be a selling point - SQL CE is a good choice in the event the business expands and then help transfer easy to SQL Server.

Alan

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need an embedded database that has a small footprint and is easy to install with click-once deployment. LocalDB does not satisfy this requirement. Do we need to use yet another third party control to give us this basic functionality?

• AlmazAlmaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what a mockery? Sql ce must live and to be improved. Bring it back please

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base