I suggest you ...

Visual Studio for Mac Os x

Dear Madam and sir;

We need Full Version of Visual Studio for Mac Os x.
And language of programming such as:

-C
-C++
-C#
-VB
-F#
-HTML
-MHTML

Thanks,

2,626 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    M.TLabM.TLab shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bobbob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone knows you can't do real work on a Mac. They're for old people, young sheep and superfluous spenders. Go cry on your own forums. Microsoft, don't waste another dime on the rotten apple.

• Arief WardhanaArief Wardhana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please released Visual Studio for mac, for my education on schools, coz i'm dislike dual boot windows on my macbook

• RajRaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many Mac users love to have Visualstudio running on mac, the best IDE I ever worked on. Please make it available ASAP, big community will appreciate it and provide them opportunity to also focus on windows phone apps.

• playandpauseplayandpause commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Microsoft Cross Platform is the key ... Visual Studio and Blend for Visual Studio is a must in MAC

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully they will after the release of .NET in 2015 although I'm pretty sure that Apple would like Mac users to use Xcode. To be honest nobody wants to do Swift programming over C# and Xcode is nowhere near as good as VS.

• MebiusMebius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this, it would be even nicer that apple has been making worse and worse xcode versions during the last few years!

• Reece WilsonReece Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the announcement of .NET on Mac and Linux, this would be the next logical step. Go where the developers are.

• Fidel KastrolFidel Kastrol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

visual studio is simple the best !!!
        i prefer visual studio over the rest on my mac,linux and windows .
        Please microsoft move your vs also for others platform ,because Visual Studio is great

• LlLl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is right. Microsoft should also provide services for Mac Users.

• Steve WoodSteve Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a mac for mobile development with Xamarin Studio. Whilst it does lack many of the lazy developer features found in VS it still does the job exceptionally well. Yes, it does take some getting used to but I haven't had any major issues at all and it beats writing Java in Emacs on Linux.

I still use VS2013 inside a windows VirtualBox VM for those times on client sites where I positively, absolutely need it for corporate web/application development.

VS is too tightly integrated into the windows framework to extract and implement on the mac (bsd) platform and as Microsoft's primary goal is making money they aren't going to use resources on redeveloping such a huge application for a limited market. If the market analysts over at MS thought there was a market to exploit then we'd have seen an OSX version by now. MS seem content in passively supporting Xamarin.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base