I suggest you ...

Add some primitive UML editing into Premium edition

Please add some primitive ablity to edit some (Class diagram, Sequence diagram) to VS Premium or Pro version.
The main reason to do this is that UML is the common language for teams, and part of standart, not all team members have Ultimate license and they dont have this ability to communicate.
In this case to maintain common standart all teams reject VS UML from theirs workflow.
I think, that most simple features (drawing, commenting) should be allowed in Premium or Pro edition.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EugeneEugene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Furthermore, the ability to reverse engineer working code into UML class diagrams is invaluable in maintaining documentation, especially in an agile environment.

RE your code, check in the diagram, suddenly a new team member can instantly see how a system is designed to work and there's an audit trail right back to the original concepts. This is a huge deal.

I strongly recommend this is as a Pro/Prem feature.

• Bill KratochvilBill Kratochvil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to load or view UML Diagrams in Pro or Premium versions I am unable to use Ultimates UML diagrams as other developers will not be able to reference them. I'll have to resort to Visio as at least it has a viewer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base