I suggest you ...

Time statistics from timedEvent does not appear on Application Insights dashboard

We use the Application Insight SDK to take some metrics from our code.
So we have the abbility to use Timed Events to get some metrics on our code. When we look the statistics on the dashboard we dont see the statistics about the time metric.

For example when we write a code like this

public IEnumerable<CSMenu> GetSiteMenus() {
var timedEvent = ServerAnalytics.CurrentRequest
.StartTimedEvent("WebApi/GetSiteMenus");

IEnumerable<CSMenu> menu = CSMenu.Simplify(db.MultiLingual.OfType<Menu>().Where(m => m.ParentId == null && m.Active).OrderBy(m => m.Ordinal));

timedEvent.End();

return menu;
}

We are expecting to see in detail information about the time that this method spend to return data.

This information does not apear on the dashboard. (look at the attachement)
So i think that this must be implemented somehow.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Giorgos MaraveliasGiorgos Maravelias shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bret Grinslade (msft)Bret Grinslade (msft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, if you go to the Events report, you can then switch to the Details tab (either at the top of the back by Overview or with small right pointing arrow icon next to the pinning icon). This will show you the hourly frequency and max, min, and average duration. We have a backlog item to make these values pinnable to the overall dashboard and not just available on the Details tab.

Feedback and Knowledge Base