I suggest you ...

Add support for Intranet application testing (not just via Internet). E.g., via NTLM

App Insights works great for externally-facing applications. Would like the same rich experience for Internal/Intranet applications.

84 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Charles SterlingCharles Sterling shared a merged idea: please provide intranet gsm solution  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave LubashDave Lubash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scenario Chuck Lazarr has below would work today if the devices are connected to the Internet. Supporting all of these scenarios, for Intranet Applications is a common ask, that we have this on our backlog, however, we are working to deliver great experiences for Internet first. As we get closer to delivering the Interanet experience, we will post an update.

Thank you for your interest in Application Insights.

• AnnaAnna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

While we realize an availability monitoring solution for non-internet facing applications is important and something we both want and plan to do.

However, this is will not make it into our Summer update. Hoping for the Fall or Winter App Insights updates.

The reason for this prioritization is that we want to improve our existing monitoring capabilities for cloud-based applications first.

Thanks,
        Anna

• Chuck LazarrChuck Lazarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see Usage (of a client application), at a minimum, for my scenario. We deploy employee-facing applications as well as Visual Studio extensions (to developers). Installation and feature usage statistics for these internal, non-web .NET-based applications would be quite valuable in our organization.

Feedback and Knowledge Base