I suggest you ...

Sql Server Compact 5

Please work on the next version of sql server compact and continue supporting in visual studio. sql server compact is the best .net lite and embed database support data types,entity framework and embedding and use in the many of projects. please add support ssdt for database designer,in memory database, new nosql datatype, procedural sql command, column store index, triggers, REST request, odata, client sides api and others.

295 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mojtaba KavianiMojtaba Kaviani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need something disconnected for the mobile 8.x or 9.x platform. The replication or data connectivity to an azure system is not perfect in most parts of the world. Data access is not ubiquitious. We believe that a compact db with excellent merge replication is a possible client. SQLlite does not have these features...

• tsahitsahi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hear SQLite is so much better and faster than SQL Server CE, I don't know why you guys don't use it.

• JerryJerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MSFT discard so many things!! who believe you?
        Since you msft discard sqlce, please open source it!

• Mojtaba KavianiMojtaba Kaviani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please support WinRT,ARM and Windows Phone 8.1,SQL Server CE beter than SQLite because support .NET datatype, entity framework and Replications

• VahidNVahidN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SQL Server CE is not compatible with WinRT apps yet! They recommend SQLite (!) instead of updating their embedded database. Even they have released an open source driver for SQLite!! but not for the SQL Server CE (https://sqlitepcl.codeplex.com/).

Feedback and Knowledge Base