Kanban board: More customizations and usability features
Kanban board should provide additional capabilities so that we can effectively move existing "physical" Kanban using team or from competitive products to TFS. Some important customization capabilities:
Which field to display on the card
Ability to choose number of card width for a specific state/column
Ability to have horizontal swimlane with different states (for different class of services for example)
Ability to access the PBI related tasks as a sub-board
And also usability features:
- functionalities for large display for team board: auto refresh, auto scroll, etc.
- change the priority/positionning of the card directly on the board
- Ability to provide board Template for teams
- Show how related childrens and how many completed (for example 1 of 5 tasks done)
- Ability "minimize/mazimize" columns (for example the "completed" column)
- Ability to generate Cycle time reports in real time within the Kanban board.
- Ability to add Definition of Done for each columns.
- Ability to add Horizontal swim lanes.
Ability to generate Cycle time reports in real time within the Kanban board.
Ability to add DOD for each columns.
Ability to add Horizontal Swin lanes.
Ability to link the Kanban State to the User Story
Basically ability to use this Kanban Board as a Process improvement tool and Operational Tool with necessary Bells & Whistles in place.
I have come from a Jira/Greenhopper background and definitely worth having the ability to custome what can appear on a car on the Kanban board.