I suggest you ...

Bring back Classic Visual Basic, an improved version of Visual Basic 6.0 (the old idea has been stoped at 7400 votes for no good reason)

The silent majority of VB6 users did not ask for changes that came with .NET

We request Microsoft brings back classic Visual Basic as COM development is back with Windows 8.

Reloaded from: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/3440221-bring-back-classic-visual-basic-an-improved-versi

1,313 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VB6 FireVB6 Fire shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    RR shared a merged idea: Bring back Classic Visual Basic, an improved version of VB6 (reloaded from 7400 votes)  ·   · 

335 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • penaupenau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HMan2828 you are funny guy, you're telling here to everyone that is ingorant and you are always right ...
        Seriously, what's your problem?? you should leave this site forever and go outside, maybe you'll be there smarter (NOT)

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@HMan2828:
        Let's ask other people who are reading this to judge who is right, because I have explained enough my claims and I don't understand why are you asking something from me that's completely absurd and out of topic. The reason why you are here is only to throw aimless hate with no such reason on VB6, and you are debating here with absolute every man who supports this idea, and on end all of them won you with their arguments, but you are so stubborn to admit that. I really don't understand why are you still looking here just to spit on VB6 when someone writes positive about it.
        Just read what you wrote here from the first page of comments, and then ask again yourself who is "hardcore religious zealot".
        That's all from me, I hope that one day you will understand what am I saying to you.

• HMan2828HMan2828 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know what Martin, I already sunk way too low trying to argue on your level. I see people like you all day long, that pretend to know anything on a particular subject when in reality they are completely and utterly ignorant. It is pretty much the same deal with hardcore religious zealots. You can rub facts in their face all day long, still they choose to ignore them. So, keep on with your ridiculous opinions and your refusal to answer simple questions or show examples of your reasoning.

When you think you have enough facts to win your argument go ahead and post here, I am not going anywhere.

You didn't show any fact which will prove your claims, that's the main problem. You are just f*rting in the wind.

How about you show me a few lines of VB6 code, I will show you the .NET equivalent, and we can discuss quality from there? Does that seem objective enough for you?

We spoke about that all the time, and you can't deal with fact that whole .NET concept is really bad. And I have explained why, so I don't want to repeat that again. My opinion is that quality is better than quantity, but yours is not so we can't achieve some deal and end this debate.

You have not explained anything, if you did and I missed it please quote yourself again. You are hung up on 4GB of hard disk space and the fact that the JIT uses a cache. How that is a bad idea is not clear at all and seems to be only in your head.

You have no idea what you are talking about and it shows. Please educate yourself before participating in a debate you will lose. Debates are won with facts, not with imaginary unicorns that exist in your head only.

Again a blank statement with absolutely no supporting facts. Please do elaborate. Show me some VB6 code that is so high-quality it's unachievable with .NET.

You have to reconcile with the fact that you are talking all time about quantity, and I agree that .NET is only better than VB6 by that (ie. it has more libraries and new features), but by quality it can't approach to the Classic VB.

4GB is 0.4% of 1TB. So, essentially, NOTHING.

And disk fragmentation, really? Where are you going with that?

I haven't defragged in two years, SSD's don't need defragging.

Your problem is not realizing how much is 4GB, and how a lot of filled space can affect speed because of disk fragmentation. But I see that all you care about is quantity, not quality...

And explain to me how that is a problem? Like we said before, is 4GB of hard disk space really that big a deal for you? Do you also delete sounds and wallpapers and icons and text files from your initial Windows install to save space? Do you see where I am going with this? You push an argument that is all about hard disk space, but only apply it in this particular context to try to back your own (mistaken) ideas...

Don't take the things too literally. When I said permanent, I meant "long-lasting or nonfading" (as described on that link), because cache will not fade by itself and it will long-last if you don't care about it.

"You can't decide for each .NET program that you run to store cache or not."

Why would you decide not to, you prefer to have the JIT compile it every time? What good is that?

"That's permanent."

No it is not.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/permanent

If you can remove it it's not permanent. The only reason no one removes anything from the GAC is that the space it takes is inconsequential. You would save more hard disk space clearing your browser cache.

But you can't choose to stop filling your hard drive with junk. Can you? You can't decide for each .NET program that you run to store cache or not. That's permanent.

Permanent means it's out of your control. It clearly is not. You can CHOOSE to compile as MSIL and have the JIT do its job, you can CHOOSE to compile directly to native code with NGEN precompilation, and you can CHOOSE to remove unused assemblies from the GAC.

As Gunnery Sergeant Hartman would say: "What is your major malfunction, numbnut?"

You must manually remove that, so it can be permanent because it depends on your decision whether it will be cleaned or not.

Like I said it is NOT permanent....

You really should just admit you are talking out of your ***.

Cache is meant to be temporary, not permanent (until you decide to remove it, of course).

Besides if you are really anally retentive about this, you can clean up the GAC to your heart's content with gacutil.exe (also comes with the framework).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base