I suggest you ...

Bring back Classic Visual Basic, an improved version of Visual Basic 6.0 (the old idea has been stoped at 7400 votes for no good reason)

The silent majority of VB6 users did not ask for changes that came with .NET

We request Microsoft brings back classic Visual Basic as COM development is back with Windows 8.

Reloaded from: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/3440221-bring-back-classic-visual-basic-an-improved-versi

2,345 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VB6 FireVB6 Fire shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    RR shared a merged idea: Bring back Classic Visual Basic, an improved version of VB6 (reloaded from 7400 votes)  ·   · 

915 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basic for Java, Basic for Android and Basic for iOS are available now. They don't need to 'reverse engineer' VB6.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If somebody seriously comparing Basic2Java,he never did work with VB6 ... there is comparation in speed and possible workarounds including C++/c,Assembler, COM-Framework..and intellectual property rights.. sorry.. Java never ever

@Martin
        "Instead of struggling here to Bring Back VB6. Why we would just reverse engineer it.
        Reverse engineering Visual Basic 6.0 is little bit easier than to reverse engineering the whole Windows OS"

We may have to one day, but without Microsoft opensourcing VB6 it would be difficult.

A better approach is to move to B4J - Basic for Java.

• SuperDreSuperDre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@OCD: even though I certainly dislike HMan2828 (due to being a troll), I do have to give him that your posts about the ammount of hits doesn't say anything (usefull)... Just like sten keeps posting the ammount of hits on the VB6 IDE installing blogs..

• martin rizalmartin rizal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone.

Instead of struggling here to Bring Back VB6. Why we would just reverse engineer it.

Reverse engineering Visual Basic 6.0 is little bit easier than to reverse engineering the whole Windows OS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"It is not a viable option to create a next version of VB6. We stand by our decision to make VB.NET and the .NET Framework. We think they are awesome too. It is not feasible to open source VB6 tools chain and ecosystem. "
        D E C L I N E D

HAHAHA

• OCDOCD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>>[HMan2828 .NET code] -> 7 hits
        >>[Olaf Schmidt VB6 code] -> 185,000 hits

That and the fact that you lose every argument Hboy.

• HMan2828HMan2828 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@OCD

I feel sorry for you if that is the only thing you managed to retain from the whole conversation...

• OCDOCD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>>[HMan2828 .NET code] -> 7 hits
        >>[Olaf Schmidt VB6 code] -> 185,000 hits

Have you counted them today, Hboy ?

• Marius OrionMarius Orion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@HMan2828

Stay with your VB .NET s h i t ! you are delusional !

Many people have had the patience to explain to you what it is all about and you continue to be s t u p i d.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>> I think they are listening a bit..

It really seems so in the wording of that article.

• HMan2828HMan2828 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous

As the genius that you must be, why not ask Microsoft to take the job for them? Surely you won't cost them too much and will be able to upgrade everything to your own liking right?

It's easier to post empty insults like the sheep that you are, it's a little harder to come up with factual arguments.

>> No it`s not easy at all. If it was it would have already been done.
        You are so ignorant...

• fgthdfhjfgthdfhj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE CALL THE NEW VERSION OF VISUAL BASIC 6.0, VISUAL BASIC 6.X or something to avoid confusion.

The new version must open and run the old VB6 projects (there are tens of millions of VB6 source code projects on the internet). We are already millions of people who request this. Please do not disappoint the Visual Basic 6.0 community.

• Sten2005 - vote for VB6 programmingSten2005 - vote for VB6 programming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>>"Please don't talk nonsense if you don't know anything about that."

It is a requirement of HMan2828 being allowed to post here that he must talk nonsense about things he doesn't know anything about.

His knowledge of VB6 programming keeps us all smiling.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46

Feedback and Knowledge Base