I suggest you ...

Add a new directory-based solution or project type

Visual Studio should support opening a directory and working with 'directory-based' projects using actual files on disk (no solution/project files, but instead Visual Studio can store project settings inside '.vs' hidden folder, similar to .idea in WebStorm / ItelliJ). The existing Website project type is not an option!

Visual Studio should support working with existing directory structures widely used in the front-end community. See project templates like 'angular-seed' or templates in 'yeoman' gallery. Developers should be able to work comfortably with these directory structures and actual files on disk, without any tweaks. Also it should have a first-class console window inside Visual Studio, something better than NuGet Package Manager Console. This console should allow developers work comfortably with git, npm, grunt, gulp, bower and similar node.js tools, ideally powered by PowerShell+PoshGit, in providing access to all the tools mentioned above and other commonly used shell tools.

The luck of this feature forces front-end developers work in other IDEs (like WebStorm).

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Konstantin TarkusKonstantin Tarkus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...