How can we improve Team Services?

Integrate Office365 and Visual Studio Online

Please integrate Visual Studio Online and Office 365 better, considering that an organization that is interested in Visual Studio Online will be likely to be using Office 365.

Integration should include:
- Authentication - users should be able to use their Office365 accounts and not only LiveID.

- SharePoint site integration - from Visual Studio Online let me configure a site that I can host file sharing from, including the ability to use Office 365 as a SharePoint source. Administrative functionality should be included provided the user has the ability to administer Office365.

- SharePoint site integration, storyboarding - same as above, but specifically to better storyboarding integration. Currently users must manually "go somewhere else" to save their storyboard file, or add it under source control which is not ideal in either case. This should be seamless, especially considering the slightly non-technical nature of the audience for storyboarding.

1,693 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Neil McIsaacNeil McIsaac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Integrate TFS self-hosting with sharepoint 365 service on the cloud  ·   · 
    Justin HubbardJustin Hubbard shared a merged idea: Integrate Team Foundation Service with Sharepoint  ·   · 
    Mauricio AvilesMauricio Aviles shared a merged idea: Integrate Team Foundation Service Web Access with Skydrive.  ·   · 
    OlivierOlivier shared a merged idea: Support using Sharepoint Online for TFS  ·   · 
    Bernard GrosperrinBernard Grosperrin shared a merged idea: Allow to link Team Foundation SERVICE with Sharepoint, just as it is possible for Team Foundation Server  ·   · 
    Richard ConwayRichard Conway shared a merged idea: Add the ability to create TFS->Sharepoint links in TFS Preview  ·   · 
    Gulshanur RahmanGulshanur Rahman shared a merged idea: Support Skydrive as a project repository  ·   · 
    Qaiser IftikharQaiser Iftikhar shared a merged idea: Make TFS integrate with Office 365  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Vincent BiretVincent Biret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About the authentication thing, it's already been there for more than a year. Just log on the azure portal, add an existing azure active directory, add the one of your office 365 tenant (you have to be the admin of the tenant in order to do that). Once added to your azure subscription go to the settings of your vsonline tenant (still winthin azure portal), configure and select your AAD.
        Once that is done you'll have to update rights and stuff, and if you still have live id users to give access to, you'll have to add them as external aad first.

• ITMAGEITMAGE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work with a university system which has hundreds of thousands of students on Office 365. For the subset of those students in Computer Science related majors, it would be fantastic if they could easily use VSO with their O365 account. Unfortunately the current reality is that they can't unless they create a Microsoft Account, which is huge pain in the neck for both them as well as the instructors (creates confusion). So they either just don't use it, opt for something entirely different, or in some instances they will create a Microsoft Account often using a non-Microsoft service such as GMAIL. From my perspective I believe Microsoft is losing out on a potential huge user base, and doing so at a critical time in students' lives when they choose technologies to bring into the workplace.

• LaneLane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Justin, things we would like would be feeding project data into SharePoint (e.g. work item status), being able to show burn down charts in SP, and interacting with customers in SP. We like that we can let our customers into O365 to collaborate with us but do not like the double entry we have to do when we want to let them know the status of PBI's and bugs.

• Amanda RiesselmanAmanda Riesselman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Losing the SharePoint integration is a big one for me as a Program Manager. major loss of visibility into artifacts associated to the project. Also the loss of dashboards that need Excel Services, Report Services and Project would be nice. Not being able to export to excel from a backlog or query is a big loss too...When will this be integrated>

• Matthew MorganMatthew Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users in VSO (linked to Azure AD) should be recognized as O365. Currently, our resources in VSO are not automatically recognized in PWA even though they share the same email and have an E3 in O365. We could use clearer documentation on working through enterprise projects that rely on VSO for managing the Scrum development lifecycle. There is some guidance on connecting TFS (on-premise) to Project Server (on-premise), but very little on a VSO to PWA integration.

• Adhish GuptaAdhish Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration between VSO and Office 365 will certainly lead to a 365 degree view of all the artifacts and activities. Very much needed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're going to move sharepoint on the cloud.
        However with our level of customization such as process, builds, etc... and for security reason we can't move TFS on the cloud.
        Therefore, I would be great if MS provide the capability to integrate TFS self-hosting with sharepoint 365.

• Adrian Hope-BailieAdrian Hope-Bailie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Justin: This was something you were passionate about enabling 2 years ago. Where is it sitting at this point in terms of your planning?

• PhilipPhilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love this, especially if SharePoint was hosted in the cloud too, so that we could use Team Foundation Service with all the benefits of a Document Library as well.

• Scott AytonScott Ayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a priority for us as we cannot look at moving our onsite TFS server to this hosted service until we can control user access through our Office365 Organisational Accounts.

A way of linking MSDN subscriptions to organisational accounts will also be required at some stage.

• Brian ButcherBrian Butcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It might be good to separate the Authentication issue from the other suggestions in this post. I would give all of my votes to that item as a top priority.

This is critically important to an enterprise when an employee leaves. Failing to remove TFS access could be disastrous.

• JaniceJanice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If folks have SkyDrive account, it seems easy to use :) and I love "real-time" collaboration.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base