How can we improve Team Services?

Allow use of DataTestMethod / DataRow in all unit testing projects

As I understand it these attributes are limited to use in WinRT/Metro and now with update 2, Windows Phone 8. It would be very helpful to be able to use them in all test projects e.g.

[DataTestMethod]
[DataRow("a", "b")]
[DataRow(" ", "a")]
public void TestMathos1(string value1, string value2)
{
Assert.AreEqual(value1 + value2, string.Concat(value1, value2));
}

1,203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Simon VaneSimon Vane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Robert KranenburgRobert Kranenburg shared a merged idea: Add a RowTest attribute to MSTest to facilitate parameterized tests.  ·   · 
    Visual Studio TeamAdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft) responded  · 

As explained in this blog post (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2015/10/08/how-we-use-user-voice-to-make-a-better-product.aspx), we had updated the status of this suggestion to “Under Review” to let you know we are tracking it on our backlog. To better indicate which one we are actively working on or which ones are on our 6-month plan, we introduced the states “Started” and “Planned”. The goal is to give an update on in progress suggestions at least every 3 months. This suggestion is still on our backlog, but they are not part of the 6-month plan.

Ewald Hofman

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)