or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RossRoss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jonathan BlairJonathan Blair shared a merged idea: Buy JetBrains and incorporate Resharper  ·   · 
    Matteo MiglioreMatteo Migliore shared a merged idea: Integrate ReSharper and StyleCop  ·   · 

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CorbyCorby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a horrible idea; one of our developers like it, and it is too intrusive in Visual Studio. I don't want to spend hours Googling how to disable options in it.

• Matteo MiglioreMatteo Migliore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ladislav Mrnka thinking now, you are rigth, ReSharper should remains an external tool, but StyleCop not, could be integrated like FxCop.

• Ladislav MrnkaLadislav Mrnka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can MS integrate something from another company? Such request doesn't make sense if MS is not going to buy JetBrains. VS already proved that it doesn't want to compete with ReSharper and CodeRush feature sets. VS just creates space for third party plugins giving better development experience for some fee.

• DmitryDmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JetBrains have ides for some other langs than csharp, why you suggest to buy JB? if you want to add R# to vs suggest ms to buy R# only.
        but i agree it 's bad idea

• GlebGleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think MS will ever do that. JetBrains produces fabulous tools, that's true, but IMHO they should be separated from VS itself. If you want that additional functionality - you just buy JetBrains products.

• EricTNEricTN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jet Brains has created and is constantly updating an add-in, ReSharper, that is adding great value to the VS-using community, as are other similar businesses. It's a good symbiotic relationship; no sense messing with it.

• Bruno Leonardo MichelsBruno Leonardo Michels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I share the same opinion as Daniel Cazzulino. I really don't like Resharper. It might have a few useful features, but in general it is not very "pleasant"...

• KikozKikoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Counter-suggestion: build DVR functionality into the uservoice.com so I could skip commercials...

• cmlcml commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wrong assumption!
        I think Microsoft should outsource development of VS to JetBrains.

• FloeleFloele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Erm, rather not. I've made the experience that these tools make the IDE much slower, and I don't really need all those extra features.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base