provide Code Constracts Editor Extension for VS2012
The current version is from 6/3/2011 and doesn't integrate into VS2012.
Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. This item has been around for a couple of versions of Visual Studio and we haven’t acted on it. Looking at the VS “15” plans, we’re not going to take action on this item, so we’re going to close it. If the suggestion is still relevant, please either take a look to see if there’s another suggestion that’s similar that you can vote on, or open a new suggestion.
- The Visual Studio Team
A possibility is suggests by intellisence the value possibilities detected by a code-contract propagation engine.
An idea is have an option to auto-write at the beginning of methods the contract-propaged and auto-defined-contract-propagation, to accelerate propagation and code-information.
This propagation-information be able to be extended or reduce to a '+' against the method signature. It can be disponible in the PDB or the XAML of the DLL compiled-time.
Info : This contract extension was permit to describe inside the code, with a particular syntax, some rules can be respected by code, and propagate rules to the members along the members calls and members affectations.
It is executed not at each compilation, and be necessary launched with several pass to have a good verification. It's some soft logical rules to verify sometimes only, but it isn't some hard compile-time rules.
* The Contract extension can be reduced.
* Please reactivate the contract extension, but if it isn't fully integrate, please active it in using remarks, to do not block if the contract extension isn't installed.
* Please uniforms the syntaxes.
* Please use at maximum the real expression-writes mode.
* The contract extension can be used to resolve the 'non-null parameter' suggestion.
* The contract extension is a reach idea to fix polymorphism to several only inside possible types.
* The contract method is a reach idea to display the real code-used type and method which are used above in polymorphism
* And permits to go to the overrides member real code-used with "Go to definition".
Juliano Leal Goncalves commented
Visual Studio 2012 is the de facto successor to VS2010. This extension should be integrated in the IDE already! It is an awesome feature that shouldn't be too hard to implement given it is already done on VS2010.
This extension is great! It really should be folded in with the base Code Contracts installation.