Visual Studio IDE

Announcement: Last fall, we migrated this forum to Visual Studio Developer Community to provide you one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. As the final step in the migration, this forum will be closed off completely on June 1st, 2019. We encourage you to visit Visual Studio Developer Community where you can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas, and engage with Visual Studio teams.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Visual Studio, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Visual Studio Team

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an easy to find portal where a developer can find the services already purchased on an account.

Please provide a page with a link from the main Visual Studio Services page where I can see the services my account is currently subscribed to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Developer Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office/SharePoint Development in VS Community 2017

The Office/SharePoint add-in scenario is all about leveraging Office as a platform. Restricting to Pro will only serve to limit adoption of Visual Studio and Office as a platform.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Web page errors

Not know why but in IE, I can't reply a message due to the link clicked by action is no.
    In Edge, I can't see hide messages..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add feedback button like Edge and Windows 10 Phone provides

Add a feedback button to allow community to drive some of the requirements and enhancements for future releases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. not redirect one to a page indicating that they're not authorized to submit feedback while attempting to submit a bug in the application

While attempting to submit a bug to you guys, I get redirected to a screen indicating that I'm not authorized to submit feedback on this connection. How am I supposed to submit the bug?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why is that VS feedback site not liked to MSDN account ?

Why is that VS feedback site (or whatever you call it) not liked to MSDN account (and need a new sign in etc...) ?

From post to MSDN forum, I've been redirected to this... Why is that separate from MSDN forum (good question again)... Then I try to vote for some proposal, and it says sign in !!!! .... Surprised, I'm not already sign-in, I came from the MSDN, using a live id... Ok click on sign-in button, enter my live-id eMail address... It do not know me, ask my name and a procedure mail confirmation, etc... F@#&K !!! (sorry…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have drastically simplified which channels to go to when reporting a problem and when sending a suggestion. Please download the latest version of Visual Studio and click on the feedback icon to take a look at our feedback channels.

— The Visual Studio Team

7. Spend more time fixing the little things.

Visual Studio has, no doubt, thousands of little bugs that, taken individually, do not make the bar for a given release. The accumulation of these little bugs over the years has significantly impacted the overall quality experience of using Visual Studio. Those little bugs are important - spend more time on them, rather than summarily closing them when they appear on connect.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Developer Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. This item has been around for a couple of versions of Visual Studio and we haven’t acted on it. Looking at the VS “15” plans, we’re not going to take action on this item, so we’re going to close it. If the suggestion is still relevant, please either take a look to see if there’s another suggestion that’s similar that you can vote on, or open a new suggestion.

- The Visual Studio Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base