I suggest you ...

Include pre- and post deploymentscripts of referenced databases during deployment

I would like to have the option that pre- and postdeployment scripts of referenced databases are also executed during deployment of the referencing database.

At our company are we using some general components in our applications. Some of these components also contain a specific database schema. These general database schemas are included in the database of the application. The database projects of these general components also contain pre- and postdeployment scripts. Certain database changes it is even essential to make use of pre- and postdeployment scripts.

At this moment only the objects of the referenced database are created in the same database with the deployment option Include composite objects. I would like to have an extra deployment option for including pre- and deployment scripts of referenced databases.

104 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Peter den Herder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Stanton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That this works correctly when using sqlpackage.exe or the DacServices api means this is is a defect in Visual Studio and not really a feature request. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the bugfix any way I can.

Feedback and Knowledge Base