I suggest you ...

nuget manager - too slow !!!

Guys, what are you doing there with the Nuget Manager ?
Why is it so slow ?

Clicking between tabs takes nearly a minute. And even the first loading after the start... why does it have to start loading everyting, you not even give chance to user to search and he is from beginning blocked nearly for a minute.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Václav Mikeska shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jaco Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got Exited about the idea of making my own NuGet packages and the possibilities of having something like this at my disposal. Then I saw the amazing Package Manager which immediately inspired me to... look for something else.

• Johan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is something seriously wrong with nuget package manager. It's way to slow. Just opening up nuget and listing "installed" libs sometime takes 2 minutes to actually display the version numbers of installed libs. Why ? No internet calls needs to be made for existing installed nugets. I can understand latest version number but not currently installed nuget packages. It is a serious pain working with the package manager and in desperate need for a redesign to make it more efficient.

• Henrik Walker Moe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The list of NuGet-packages in the NuGet-manager should be loaded async with each item added as they are found, and not wait for a full search result from the server. If you have a slow nuget-feed then the entire list won't be bound to the UI packages-list until the search completes. Instead, each package should populate in the UI as they are found.

This would especially be helpful for when wanting to see what's new in the "Updates"-tabs. Each package with an update should be visible immediately. Instead, the entire list waits until all update-searches are complete - which can take a long time when the feeds are slow

• Doublevil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's because icons are loaded synchronously, blocking the UI thread. In any case this is pretty bad and should be fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base