I suggest you ...

remove the need to constantly re-enter credentials

re-enter credentials for vs; re-enter credentials for cloud explorer; re-enter 2fact auth keys... again. and again. and again.

please stop that,

99 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
thomas woelfer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pain in the ****, and it appears to be a longstanding issue. M$ when are you going to fix this?

• Devin Donahue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In previous versions months went by before my credentials needed to be reentered but now it is every few days

• Mark Smeltzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still an issue with the latest release of Visual Studio 2017 (15.5.6).

I use a password manager and two factor. So having to constantly reenter the credentials is a major pain. My password is insanely complex. I want it to remember the token for a LEAST a month. Signing in every time I restart Visual Studio is extremely annoying.

• Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. At least give the option to use the credentials of the logged in user if a Microsoft Account is used to log in (Win 10). You already have the auth at that point.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed.. I am constantly getting denied access to VS. Stupid feature to start with since I already bought VS.. I'm registered, so why do I need to keep signing in???

Feedback and Knowledge Base