I suggest you ...

remove the need to constantly re-enter credentials

re-enter credentials for vs; re-enter credentials for cloud explorer; re-enter 2fact auth keys... again. and again. and again.

please stop that,

99 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    thomas woelfer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pain in the ****, and it appears to be a longstanding issue. M$ when are you going to fix this?

• Devin Donahue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In previous versions months went by before my credentials needed to be reentered but now it is every few days

• Mark Smeltzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still an issue with the latest release of Visual Studio 2017 (15.5.6).

I use a password manager and two factor. So having to constantly reenter the credentials is a major pain. My password is insanely complex. I want it to remember the token for a LEAST a month. Signing in every time I restart Visual Studio is extremely annoying.

• Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. At least give the option to use the credentials of the logged in user if a Microsoft Account is used to log in (Win 10). You already have the auth at that point.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed.. I am constantly getting denied access to VS. Stupid feature to start with since I already bought VS.. I'm registered, so why do I need to keep signing in???

Feedback and Knowledge Base