I suggest you ...

Azure Cloud Service projects debug folder structure not equivalent to deployment

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351434/azure-cloud-service-projects-debug-folder-structur.html
When debugging an Azure Cloud Service project in Visual Studio 2015, the folder structure contained within the "csx" directory does not match the structure of the cssx contents of the cloud service package (cspkg).

For example, packaging from VS2015 by selecting "Package" from the cloud service project context menu will result in a cspkg that contains a cssx directory. Within cssx, for a web role with a site, you'll see a "sitesroot" folder.

However, when simply running Debug for the solution, the IIS host will contain <solution_dir>\Debug\roles\<role_name>\approot, but no sitesroot directory. No degree of changing the physicalPath properties in the csdef change this behavior. The VS Debugger (full IIS host) never yields the exact same folder structure as generated in the cspack.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matthew Morgan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matthew Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@catherine Yes. In my use case, the role start sets folder permissions relative pathing from the role root directory. I have multiple web sites within a single web role so I am expecting /sitesroot/0 & sitesroot/1 to be valid physical paths hosted by local IIS during emulation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base