I suggest you ...

Add version control to Test Manager

We need version control for test cases for the same reasons we need it for sources code:
•to have a controlled check in/check out system to prevent multiple users from editing the test case at the same time
•to be able to revert to previous version(s) of a test case when incorrect modifications have been made

thread link:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8b2852da-0fa6-4d77-8eeb-2ca45fed0491/how-can-i-get-my-mtm-test-cases-in-tfs-source-control?forum=vsmantest

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does MS product dev team ever compare their product to competitors? Most popular test management products have version control for test plans(cases etc). After working in QA field for over 10 years, I can see why HP ALM and selenium for automated testing have been doing way better than buggy MS offered solutions like Coded UI and MTM.

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature to make MTM more on par with HP ALM and make it more useful to test organizations.
    Just want to make sure it is understood that we need the version control not just on test cases, but all test assets managed with MTM (ex. test plans)

Feedback and Knowledge Base