I suggest you ...

Add ability to capture short screencasts in IDE feedback

I often find myself wanting to provide feedback on things like c++ intellisense in Visual Studio.
However, it is difficult to get the idea across, you really need to see what is going on while typing in order to appreciate the issues.

In the past, I had to install some screen capture utilities, capture and upload the movie to MSConnect, in order to get someone at MS to take the issue seriously. The movie led the MS developer directly to the solution.

It would be really handy to be able to easily capture short screencasts in the VS IDE feedback tool.

I can appreciate, however, that this has been thought of before, and isn't done simply to avoid a flood of video. So perhaps this can be limited to those cases where an MS employee contacts the submitter to request further information.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott Chamberlain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feedback tool already does that, when you go to the "record" option when reporting a problem it starts the Windows Problem Steps Recorder (psr.exe, it comes with windows) and will take a screenshot every user interaction.

Feedback and Knowledge Base