I suggest you ...

Add a "Change Password" link to visualstudio.com

If I'm logged into the visualstudio.com web page it's not at all obvious how I'd change my password. I had to search on the web for about ten minutes before discovering that I need to use https://account.live.com to do this. Please add a link to <username>.visualstudio.com to quickly access the password change page on account.live.com

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Goodenough shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current as of 14/06/2018

1. Login at https://login.microsoftonline.com/
    2. Click the avatar in the top right hand corner
    3. Click My Account
    4. UnderSecurity & Privacy Click Manage security & privacy
    5. Click Password ( change password )
    6. Change your password

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This solution doesn't seem to work anymore. account.live.com says it doesn't recognize the email address I use for Visual Studio.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another 10 mins wasted here, ending up in a Google search to find this thread.

• Mick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the comments here. I've been trying to figure out for weeks how to change my password.

It really shouldn't be that hard to add a link to VSTS, which we mainly use, to update my password.

• MArc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

but my live password is still my old password and VS.com has me with a new one, I want ONE PASSWORD

• Jesper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have needed to change this password a couple of times over the last 1,5 years and I always forget how I did it last time.

• Jay McMunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seriously a no brainer. It should not take me 10 minutes to figure out how to change my password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base