I suggest you ...

Add a "Change Password" link to visualstudio.com

If I'm logged into the visualstudio.com web page it's not at all obvious how I'd change my password. I had to search on the web for about ten minutes before discovering that I need to use https://account.live.com to do this. Please add a link to <username>.visualstudio.com to quickly access the password change page on account.live.com

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Goodenough shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current as of 14/06/2018

1. Login at https://login.microsoftonline.com/
        2. Click the avatar in the top right hand corner
        3. Click My Account
        4. UnderSecurity & Privacy Click Manage security & privacy
        5. Click Password ( change password )
        6. Change your password

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This solution doesn't seem to work anymore. account.live.com says it doesn't recognize the email address I use for Visual Studio.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another 10 mins wasted here, ending up in a Google search to find this thread.

• Mick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the comments here. I've been trying to figure out for weeks how to change my password.

It really shouldn't be that hard to add a link to VSTS, which we mainly use, to update my password.

• MArc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

but my live password is still my old password and VS.com has me with a new one, I want ONE PASSWORD

• Jesper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have needed to change this password a couple of times over the last 1,5 years and I always forget how I did it last time.

• Jay McMunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seriously a no brainer. It should not take me 10 minutes to figure out how to change my password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base