I suggest you ...

Stop suggesting application insights, the pop up is rather annoying.

Stop suggesting application insights, the pop up is rather annoying.

195 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Everson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan Whitmire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has popped up roughly twelve times for me today. I can't take it anymore. Who is responsible for this? It is absolutely terrible. Stop using my IDE to advertise to me. You already have all of my money.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When your marketing, rather than attracting potential customers, causes them to associate the product name ("Application Insights") with failure and contempt, you might want to have a talk with the head of Marketing.

• Brian Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because Microsoft is a fascist organization who thinks they know best on everything! That's why Windows 10 has forced updates.

• Lukáš Lánský commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does not Visual Studio respect my choice to not see it again? What kind of strategy is this -- do you think there is some kind of Stockholm syndrome going to kick in after hundreds of disruptions of our workflows?

You click on "Don't show this again", and the next time you 'Rebuild All' it comes back up!

Damned annoying. Visual studio (along with everything else Microsoft) is going downhill rapidly recently! Hope they start listening to their customers and users while they still have some!

Is there an update on this? It's really infuriating! Enough to make me stop using Application Insights.

• David Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, that's the Microsoft Way, though. "This is the BESTEST!!!!!!!!! USE IT!!! USE IT!!! ALL THE COOL KIDS USE IT!!!". Not a really subtle bunch. At least Bill Gates had been on the receiving end of that kind of **** in the school-yard long enough to recognize just how nasty it is. This latest crew, though, probably WAS the bullies in the school-yard, so they think it's just good clean fun.

• Christopher Haws commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't understand why there isn't a way to disable this popup. At the very least, allow it at the project level. Our company uses it for some projects and doesn't for others. I can't uninstall the extension because we do use it, just not in every project...

First it was forcing git on me, then it was forcing windows 10 on me, now its application insights. I'm with you I've uninstalled, had to use no-git and still haven't installed windows 10. At least Balmer didn't try to force feed me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base