I suggest you ...

Visual Studio REST API support to fetch the list of allowed values for drop down fields like Priority, Status.

Please provide the REST API support to fetch the list of allowed values for drop down fields like Priority, Status , etc.
Using SDK this option is available but not available under REST API.

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nithya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roshan Panditha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone, As per the Dieter Blocher the link which he has provided will work only for the azure devops/VSTS. But this does not support for the older version of tfs(TFS 2017/2015 etc). Even i am having the same issue when accessing GlobalList list values. I have tried various ways to get the corresponding values but I could not able do that. Any updates on this ?

• Vishal Trivedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if there's any update to this? This is a very critical feature for our application and we won't be able to migrate the old solution to REST if this was not available.

Thanks,

• Sergio Durán commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the other comments, it is necessary to complete this feature in order to get a complete integration with TFS/VSTS . How can we know which are the expected values? u.u

• Sk Shahnawaz-ul Haque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please publish a REST API for getting allowed values of TFS lookup fields. This is like a showstopper problem for developing third party integration tools for TFS/VSTS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crucial feature to allow third party integration with our tool because without knowing the allowed fields it is impossible to make sure that we are sending the correct ones to the server.

• João Salada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are trying to build some third party integration tools into our automated testing tools, including JIRA, HPQC, etc, and TFS is currently on hold because you do not support this feature.

regards

Feedback and Knowledge Base