I suggest you ...

Manage NuGet Packages should support Database project

In Visual Studio 2013, when I click the Manage NuGet Packages menu for Database project, it will prompt me that "Operation failed. The project 'database project name' is unsupported.".

And in Visual Studio 2015, this feature is grey out for database project.
I think NuGet Manager should also support database project. There has other communities who also has this requirement, please refer to:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8570c1e9-2916-4e80-800a-2e553f8a2bfa/referencing-dacpac-nugets-from-a-sqlproj-ssdt-within-visual-studio-2015?forum=visualstudiogeneral&prof=required

369 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Weiwei shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes perfect sense to be able to both package up a Database Project, AND to reference in an application project later. Database Schemas should be handled in the same way we handle shared libraries: pre-build assemlies stored in nuget packages.

To further this databases have a lot of database dependencies, at least at enterprise level. It would make perfect sense to further allow Sql Database Projects to reference other nuget packages containing databases. At the moment Sql Data projects only support other projects or dacpacks. Nuget Packaged DacPacs should be the new standard. This should into the existing dependency management model the exact same way any shared library would.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After setting out installing a private nuget server and deploying the company sql clr functions as a library. I was very upset to discover this did not work.....

• Suresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can you please let us know why this disabled? any update on this feature?

• tmechelk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Please support NuGet packages for database projects. I am trying to use NuGet to distribute some .targets files which customize the build process of database projects.

Regards, T.M.

Feedback and Knowledge Base