I suggest you ...

Add a "bug" annotation to feature cards on the features backlog board

When viewing the feature backlog board, a user is able to see a "Product Backlog Items" annotation, which can be dropped down to view a list of all PBIs. This list does not include bug items. It is also not possible to enable an annotation for bugs.

It is possible to enable multiple annotations at once for PBIs themselves, which can have both tasks and tests.

Please enable a "Bugs" annotation for features.

222 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ricardo Camps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to CHOOSE which WIT we will be seeing. Either BUGS either any other task type.

• Sean Mackey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to expand the requirements on this one...

My company is using a hierarchy like SAFe with portfolio, program, and team levels. VSTS work item levels Epic, Feature, PBI\Requirement\User Story\Bug are a natural match.

We model program and team-level work in one project, then move the team-level PBI\Requirement\User Story\Bug to another team project. Sometimes those teams use a different template so a PBI turns into a User Story or Requirement. The parent child relationship persists and I can see the relationship in the view of the parent backlog item or the feature backlog view.

When portfolio-level stand-ups review the feature board we can't see the child work. Not only are the bugs are hidden but the User Story and Requirement (and any other child for that matter) doesn't show up on the list.

To get the complete view of dependent work we need to go to different places. This accessibility and availability problem slows us down and sometimes misinforms stakeholders who don't know.

• OEn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very helpful - please also add the same test function that is enabled on the PBI backlog level. Tests can target different backlog levels.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be extremely useful for us and imagine to too difficult to develop!

• Jesiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful. As of now our team has added bugs as backlog items, however this makes the backlog board extremely cluttered. We should be able to view them as a list so that developers know what is still open.

• Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 It would be very helpful to see bugs on a Feature card to know if all bugs are closed.

• Andrew Kidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't this an obvious requirement? ... Given that VSO allows Bugs to be managed in a variety of ways, the ability to visualise bugs on the Feature card ought to be there.

• Brieuc Gilles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. A bug can prevent release of a feature, so each feature on the features board view should be able to display bugs exactly like it does backlog items.

Feedback and Knowledge Base