I suggest you ...

Visual Basic 6.0 (Classic) upgrade to 7.0 should be able to compile standalone Win32, Win64 EXE and Android APK

1. First of all Visual Basic Classic should be brought back! (i.e: Visual Basic 7.0)
2. Visual Basic Classic version should compile to standalone Win32, Win64 executables and Android applications (the APIs which are available and common to both).

By compiling to Android APK I mean the language of coding should be BASIC which is JAVA in Android Studio.

There are many programs/frameworks on the internet which use Basic Language to compile Android applications.

Even Delphi (Pascal) creates Android applications.

If Microsoft makes this new Visual Basic Classic, there will be a steep rise in Visual Basic Classic programmers. Any programmer on Earth will almost guarantee success for this idea.

Also if possible in later versions it should also be able to create Mac OS, Linux applications and Windows Mobile applications.

Microsoft should encourage this idea! I don't see any other better idea than this!

If Microsoft wouldn't have wasted time on .NET frameworks and thought of idea like this then Visual Basic Classic would have become the 1st choice to learn programming and also for making commercial applications.

Its time to make a good and wise decision before it is too late for Microsoft! Because .NET is not having a good future and many who migrated are opting out.

343 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    The ProgrammerThe Programmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...