I suggest you ...

Show release notes of packages in the nuget package manager

On the right side you can see the description of the nuget package but not the release notes.
Perhaps you could add an expand button like you have for Options to display the release notes. This way you can keep a compact ui but if somebody wants to look at the release notes now they have a way to do so.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sven Heitmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • rudi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an unfortunate oversight by VS team that punishes good Nuget developer/publisher that put the right information in their release notes field. Release notes and description plays two different important roles and they need to be shown so packages can be consumed correctly.

• Greg Veres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really important feature. I am going through updating 50 packages and I just happen to know that two of them include breaking changes, but what about the other 48? Without release notes I have to go track down the package website and try to figure out the difference between the version I have and the version that I am pulling in.

And, the package manager most often doesn't include a link to the packages website where I could get that information so I have to go hunting in google to find it.

Please, consider putting a link to the release notes for this version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base