I suggest you ...

Allow specifying a whitelist of Version Control paths that I want CodeLens to index

The CodeLens feature is great, but I had to disable it in our main team project collection because this feature impacted our server in such a way that its database was growing out of control. My metrics revealed that I had 3.2 TB of CodeSense files (number of files: 13,199,733) against only 170 GB of VersionControl files (number of files: 1,169,366). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we're working extensively with dev branches.

That being said, the "tfsconfig codeindex" command allows TFS administrators to configure a blacklist for a given team project collection (i.e. option /ignorelist). Having the possibility to configure a whitelist would make it more predictable and easier to maintain. And if the said whitelist is empty, CodeLens should continue indexing everything as it does currently.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daniel Lessard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Frederic Q commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This fix needs to be implemented because the CodeLens function is relevant to us but we do not want this feature to be disabled due to performance concerns

Feedback and Knowledge Base