I suggest you ...

Add a dark theme setting to the new Visual Studio 2017 installer

Add a setting to the installer for a dark theme, the new vs 2017 installer is too bright for me to use at night.

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PlanetVaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Peres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really appreciate a dark theme on the installer. Any apps with (255, 255, 255) background hurt my eyes a lot, I use the "Dark Reader" extension on Chrome to turn every webpage dark.

• David Neufeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm visually impaired and need a dark theme on all my applications in order to use them. 3rd party accessibility software like zoomtext are less than ideal workarounds for this accessibility issue.

• Matthew Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well, to be fair, its not like you use the installer alot do you? i only used it like 3 times so far and that was the initial install, and 2 other times i wanted to add some components to my install, dont get me wrong, i only use the dark theme in the actual IDE, but the installer.... doesnt need that, you dont use it enough to warrant people taking their time to implement it rather than implement other things to the IDE

i would like to see it added, but i dont think it should be prioritized over more important issues

Feedback and Knowledge Base