I suggest you ...

Please consider adding ReadyRoll to Visual Studio Professional

I was very excited to see the addition of ReadyRoll in the latest update of the Visual Studio 2017 RC, however this will only be available on the Enterprise edition. I think that you should consider including this option in the Professional SKU as well since it is a tool that would be of great help to most professional developers and most of us can only go as far as the Professional Edition of the product.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yolanda Ceron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree, if this RR will be pushed out the SSDT than I think that this RR should be in Version that now are supporting SSDT. For it then not something extra, but is to be seen as an replacement.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, you literally had me super excited and crying in the space of 10 minutes....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are six developers who desperately need this and it seriously does not make sense for us to get an enterprise subscription for a team of this size...

This is a feature that could help the entire community getting things done quicker and potentially have more time to give back to the community.

Also, in my personal capacity, I would also like to be developing using a version which includes ReadyRoll and similar tools, as once again, an enterprise subscription is not in my budget.

As a professional developer I would like to see professional tools in VS Professional.

• Rick Piovesan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not excited at all since SSDT was more focussed for development; but if RR is going to push SSDT into retirement, then RR needs to be in all versions of VS where SSDT was supported.

Feedback and Knowledge Base