Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Soheil Alizadeh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chandan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that would be too awesome from Microsoft. If VS for Mac can landup, then I don't think VS for Linux would be too difficult a task for MS.Definitely look forward for this one.

• Sebastian Fyda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ARM templates are best developed on VS (full one, not code). Either support ARM plugin for intelliJ or just recomplie VS for linux. C'mon you have it on mac already, it's not far away. Support GTK/QT only if you must, we linux users can live with it, but just do it.

• Maikeu Locatelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unity is not supporting monodevelop anymore, then in linux we are without any free option, even paid the option is Jetbrains Rider and that is it. Please, if you dont bring Visual studio, unity for linux is in danger.

• Ananth Kalidasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please bring VS to linux as well. That will definitely increase the dotnet developer community as well.

• Abdullah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I using Monodevelop at linux but i will love to had visual studio on my Linux machine..
        Plz release visual studio for linux like you did for Mac Os..

• Hung Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please, you can bring SQL Server to Linux, why not Visual Studio?
        This is also a great evidence to prove that .NET Core / .NET Native can be used to build a cross platform not only web but also desktop application.

• Daniel Vianna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only bit of Microsoft in my workflow is MS SQL Server. If forced to choose between my Linux desktop and Visual Studio I'll take the former. Do you want more of my mind space? Come and get me where I live.

• Adrian Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like Xamarin, but it's a pain ********** having to switch to Windows every time. It makes me feel bad about Windows.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base