I suggest you ...

hello

Hello
VB.net is very accessible, but there are a few accessibility issues. These problems are true about all versions of VB.net from 2001 to 2013. I have not checked 2015 yet. These problems were almost solved in Visual Basic 2005 using JAWS 11 and Jamal Mazrooee's Scripts for JAWS, but he did not update his scripts for later versions of VB or JAWS, so those scripts don't work anymore. Here are the accessibility problems:
1- When I press Ctrl+Tab for switching between Tabs, JAWS does not read the tab names, so I cannot know when to release Ctrl button.
2- When I am navigating through IntelliSense items, JAWS does not read the tooltip of each item. It does not help me understand the usage of each item.
3- When I am entering the parameters of a function or sub, for example when I open the parenthesis for entering the input of a function, JAWS reads the name of that required parameter, but it does not read the usage of that parameter.
4- When I am moving form objects on a form, for example I am moving the labels or textboxes on the form, sighted people see a few lines that show whether or not this object is aligned with the upper object, but blind users cannot find this out.

Thank you

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service