I suggest you ...

Visual studio 2017: Add support for Windows store 8 projects (Phone & Desktop).

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351484/visual-studio-2017-add-support-for-windows-store-8.html
add projects support for Windows Store 8.1 and 8.0, and Windows Phone 8.1 and 8.0 in VS 2017 RTM

293 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fzoltan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you seriously consider WP 7/8/10 products dead I think...

And Microsoft seems surprised when they see the marketshare going down below 1%.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks bad when new Microsoft development tools remove ability to develop apps for Microsoft phones!

• Valiant John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only 20-40% of the phones are upgraded to W10 rest of them are still using WP8.1, Why you have dropped support for WP8.1?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear all, i changed to the latest Visual Studio 2017 but in fact, there is no possibility to develop for the Windows phone 7 and 8. i need this , because it is much easier to develop with the windows Phone templates (panorama app, etc..) for fast building. Also it was much better structured Please give a procedure how to implement the windows phone templates in the Visual Studio 2017 Community

• Ulf Parsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a lot of customers on old windows phones. So please bring back this feature to VS 2017.

• Stavros Sotirchos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is quite frustrating to see that Visual Studio 2017 does not support anymore for Windows Phone 8.1 althouhg 81% of current windows phones do NOT have Windows 10 installed.

• Eugenis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make Visual Studio 2017 compatible with the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK. A lot of my project unavailable now... It's not good for developers when we are loosing the capabilities from old versions to new

• Richard Vega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is really a shame when we shy away from "developers, developers, developers". Please bring back Windows phone 8.1 support since you also shut the door on upgrading my Lumia 920 to Windows 10.

• Ste Griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still rocking my Lumia 820 and just updated to VS 2017, not realising I wouldn't be able to open any of my Windows Phone App projects. Have mercy on a nerd and make VS2017 compatible with the WP 8.1 SDK! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base