I suggest you ...

Add TFS "Find by status" and "Find by wildcard" reports

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351517/add-tfs-find-by-status-and-find-by-wildcard-report.html
Add "Find by status" and "Find by wildcard" TFS power tools 2015 report into Visual Studio 2017 IDE

229 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kirby Adkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use the Developer Command Prompt for Visual Studio 2017. As long as you or your admin has set the Administer workspaces permission to Allow you can run the following commands.

Get the status of everything. You can of course limit this by including the user's name or the path to folder:
    tf status "$/" /user:* /recursive

This link has how to use the undo. You will see a few examples of going directly to a file, folder etc and using recursive flag. By specifying the workspace (server/user) you can undo someone else's checkouts.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/c72skhw4(v=vs.80)

• Jeff Ostrosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too found it incredible that this was not in VS 2017, especially when they also dropped power tools.

• james waage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS - please add this into the 'merged' power tools functionality in TFS. It was the primary reason I had TFS power tools installed previously.

• Serge Dornseiffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any new on this. We just migrated to Visual Studio 2017. And I discovered that this is missing. I am not sure if I will not revert to Visual Studio 2015

• MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for this "basic" functionality in 2017 that existed for many years and is inexplicably missing from "newer" version...

Feedback and Knowledge Base