I suggest you ...

Recent project templates

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351533/recent-project-templates.html
Visual Studio 2017 / Start Page / Recent project templates:
It's a nice idea to have a list of recent projects templates used but, as with recent solutions/projects, I'd like to be able to remove them from the list by right-clicking and selecting 'Remove' from the context menu.

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was teaching my son how to use Visual Studio and I created a bunch of garbage projects. Now my start page is cluttered with these unwanted templates and I can't get rid of them.

• a.n. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me too.
        i tried out some project templates for test only.
        and now all those rubbish templates i tested are sticking on the start page under
        "Recent project templates" and there is no chance to remove unwanted ones.

• Randall Morter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I recently created a ".Net Standard" Class Library by mistake and now it's displayed on my Recent project templates list. I don't need to create that sort of project (probably ever).

Alternatively, perhaps we could Pin selected project templates similar to the Recent > Pinned.

I do like this Start Page version better than probably all of the predecessors!

Feedback and Knowledge Base