I suggest you ...

Stop installing MSI based Azure Modules. Use PowerShell Gallery repo

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351542/stop-installing-msi-based-azure-modules-use-powers.html
Can you stop installing an MSI based (old) version of Azure PowerShell cmdlets. Either stop installing, or give me the option to use a repo, such as PowerShell gallery, where the latest modules exist. Apart from changing the $env:PSModulePath, I can't use PowerShellGet cmdlets to update Azure cmdlets. I also notice one of you updates REMOVES the PS Gallery modules and reinstall the old MSI version. Grrrr!!!

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@MICROSHAFT: So here is yet another example of proof that you clearly DO NOT listen or give a **** about what your customers want / think. I've just discovered VS has removed the latest Azure PS modules AGAIN, replacing them with your MSI version that is now a YEAR old. How in God's name is this an update? Does time go backwards for you (actually, it would explain a lot)?

How many votes will it take for you to FIX IT!!!!!!!!! Perhaps I should start charging you for the wasted hours this causes. Maybe when it affects your pocket, you'll listen.

I've just turned off all updates is VS.

• Tex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still happening. Microsoft STOP IT. The regression keeps breaking my modules.

Feedback and Knowledge Base