I suggest you ...

Style Preview Pane - Beneficial for WP7, MetroApps, WPF, SL

With WP7 and MetroApps, all pushing towards XAML. I noticed these frameworks have standard styles for titles, headings, and other controls, but what I found cumbersome during coding, especially if you're just a text-editor user, is the ability to see what a particular text block style looks like and which ones are available to be chosen.

In office applications, there was conventionally a preview pane that's docked to the left or right oft the screen which lets you manage styles, this I believe is true in Expression Web as well.

It would be great if the tooling team on Visual Studio, could look into providing this feature.

I often find myself having an MSDN reference page opened to see what a particular WP7 textblock style encompasses (font weight, colour, font size) etc, and to be able to remember what the Resource key name is also difficult, if it's the tip of my fingers when coding my XAML, this would definitely benefit.

Furthermore this style preview pane could be extended to WPF and SL as well, the Style preview pane would be able to infer all your reference resource files and any other defined styles you may have, and be able to render a preview of it.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Winston Pang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! While we aim to respond to every suggestion, we are closing older ones that don’t have enough votes so newer ones from you can move to the top. If this suggestion is still important to you, feel free to open it again.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base