Take a BPMN diagram and provide a one-way conversion to Workflow

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft Visual Studio) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion. The suggestion was made almost five years ago and has a low number of votes. In an effort to determine what scenarios customers still find relevant, we are closing old suggestions. Please create a new one if you feel this scenario is important.
- WF team

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Alison,

I love all the posts, I really enjoyed.
    I would like more information about this, because it is very nice., Thanks for sharing.
    Can you please let me know which package and procedure calls when we run the standard report 'Multiple Worksite Report for SPWL process' which is based on PYUGEN.

As for as I know, we can check in the pay_report_format_mappings_f where report_type = (short name of the concurrent program). But, I can not find any record for this report in this table.
    So, how can we find out the package and procedure name which calls when we run this report. I started using <<a href="https://medium.com/asha24/uipath-training-the-only-rpa-tutorial-you-need-230b9ca02892"> UiPath Tutorial </a>

blog for my training practice.
    I look forward to see your next updates.

Many Thanks,
    Krishna kumar

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ni Hau,

What a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this.

yes automation is used already extensively and is also the experienced manual testers best helper, but in the long term manual testing might not be completely eliminated.
    After all, automation programs for testing is written by a person (that being an experienced tester or a developer) either way.
    Note: Unless some day programs start testing themselves, test automation and manual testing is here to stay.
    I believe that we are getting to hung up on trying to label ourselves as Technical or Automation testers.
    I do not agree with these terms, in the end, it is all just testing. Just like we use Boundary Value Analysis and Static testing techniques, we can apply scripting or API <a href="https://medium.com/asha24/uipath-training-the-only-rpa-tutorial-you-need-230b9ca02892"> interrogation </a> to compliment our testing.
    Anyways great write up, your efforts are much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello There,

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it. Your article definitely helped me to understand the core concepts.
    I want to know difference between UiPath & RPA Leading vendors (Automation Anywhere & Blue Prism) … It will be good if it’s in table format.
    I would also like to know Difference Between UiPath & Selenium.
    Appreciate if someone help me to get these details.
    Thanks in Advance.
    I’m most excited about the details your article touch based! I assume it doesn’t come out of the box, it sounds like you are saying we’d need to write in the handlers ourselves.
    Are there any other articles you would recommend to understand this better?
    By the way do you have any YouTube videos, would love to watch it. I would like to connect you on LinkedIn, great to have experts like you in my connection (In case, if you don’t have any issues).
    Please keep providing such valuable information.
    More reference tutorials: https://asha24.com/blog-search?search_txt=uipath

Thanks,
    Kumar

• Winter Laite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm bumping this. This is much more relevant now than it was six years ago.
    With RPA catapulting into the foreground, it is going to be critical for RPA architects to be able to import BPMN and convert to workflows. UiPath springs to mind.

• Guss Vinales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow importing Visio BPMN diagrams into WF activity/workflow. Support swimlanes and allow to map lanes to LDAP/AD objects.

Feedback and Knowledge Base