I suggest you ...

For the tools in the Visual Studio Gallery make it possible to download "old" versions if needed

Sometimes, not very often, but, there is a need to download previous versions for the tools in the Visual Studio Gallery. E.g. for the Team Foundation Power Tools. Currently it is not possible to download "old" versions even if very needed.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Egor Sinkevich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. This item has been around for a couple of versions of Visual Studio and we haven’t acted on it. Looking at the VS “15” plans, we’re not going to take action on this item, so we’re going to close it. If the suggestion is still relevant, please either take a look to see if there’s another suggestion that’s similar that you can vote on, or open a new suggestion.

- The Visual Studio Team

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could really use this too. The .NET Reflector extension automatically upgraded to a version that doesn't support the one I am licensed for. I have contacted Red Gate, but now I have to wait for them to respond. It would be nice if there were a way to just download it from the extension gallery instead.

• Mairead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great to get some feedback on this. I have an MSDN subscription and still can't find an older version of VS TFS Power Tools (Sept 2010) that we currently need. It'd be great if we could get access to old versions as well as new

Feedback and Knowledge Base