I suggest you ...

Add more columns to Source Control Explorer

Source Control Explorer list only fice columns (Name, Pending Change, User, Latet and Last Check-in).
Please add more columns, like Last Modified Date, History Present, etc. that will allow us to see the last modifeid date of the file and not just the date when the file was checked in to source control.
The excellent example is, when you move the files/folders around within Source Control, you are forced to check in the changes, which is every file in the project. Resuling into the same check in date for all files and folders within the project. Now I have to review the history for entire project to find out which file was modified last.

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bharat Godha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As explained in this blog post (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2015/10/08/how-we-use-user-voice-to-make-a-better-product.aspx), we had updated the status of this suggestion to “Under Review” to let you know we are tracking it on our backlog. To better indicate which one we are actively working on or which ones are on our 6-month plan, we introduced the states “Started” and “Planned”. The goal is to give an update on in progress suggestions at least every 3 months. This suggestion is still on our backlog, but they are not part of the 6-month plan.

Ewald Hofman

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see Last Check-in By, which helps me to find the files I just touched in specific folder.

• Ram Awasthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be really helpful to add extra columns on demand in the Source Control Explorer View.

• Markus Winhard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update to my sggestion "We need project name and source file name columns for every check-in. Just like SourceSafe did.": As space is limited you could display this in a tree view. i.e., the child nodes of a checkin are the affected files, togehter with their project names or source control path. If you do so, please provide "expand all" and "collapse all" options.

• Yakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to see the date checked out in order to determine who might have forgotten to release a lock or put a change

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would specifically like to see Last Check-In By, but being able to pick and choose is the way to go.

• EricTN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be delighted if Source Control Explorer would remember the column widths I set the last time I adjusted the column widths.

• Mitch Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I add more columns to Source Control Explorer?! Please allow us to customize that area Microsoft!!!

• Scott Simpson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to display all or any information about the file or folder that is held in the source control database. Like your Windows Explorer program, there are dozens of information options that can be displayed, so why not have the same functionality on the Source Control Explorer.
        More people should vote but they are probably just putting up with it and are scared of Microsoft, so they don't ask.

Feedback and Knowledge Base