I suggest you ...

VS2017 bring back Silverlight

Please bring back Silverlight in VS2017. Silverlight will be ended support until 2021. And there still some communities need to use Silverlight. Please bring it back.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/4c3d85bc-a9a4-4199-a693-7bf4f46a60f8/for-skype-for-business-conversation-windows-extensions-development-should-we-continue-using?forum=silverlightnet

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Weiwei shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that Silverlight is being removed from visual studio 15. Given Microsoft public statements "Microsoft continues to support Silverlight, and remains committed to doing so into 2021" this seems very inconsistent with that. We will struggle to run visual studio 2015 in 2020.

Silverlight needs to be part of visual studio. There are still obviously tens of thousands of people developing for it (based on votes for Silverlight 6).

There are many people like me continuing to develop Silverlight products. I have shared code on my Web server that is shared with my WPF applications. I need to be able to use the latest versions of visual studio. I'm not going to be able to because otherwise the shared libraries that are used on both are going to get themselves really confuse with different compiler versions.

Please put Silverlight back!

Feedback and Knowledge Base