I suggest you ...

Toggle enabled addins & extensions between different solutions

I often switch solutions I work with which are very domain specific. Some solutions mostly focus on C++ code with some addins build specifially for that code base, while I sometimes switch over to small C# applications where I want to use extensions that only work for C#. My problem is that right now I have to run both my c++ addins and C# addins at the same time ,some of them even conflicting with each other (VisualAssist and Resharper for instance). It would be very useful to switch what addins are loaded by default for a given solution for me to keep my visual studio IDE as responsive and bug free as possible.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joakim (JoCCo) Lindqvist shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. This item has been around for a couple of versions of Visual Studio and we haven’t acted on it. Looking at the VS “15” plans, we’re not going to take action on this item, so we’re going to close it. If the suggestion is still relevant, please either take a look to see if there’s another suggestion that’s similar that you can vote on, or open a new suggestion.
- The Visual Studio Team

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base