I suggest you ...

Python Build Configurations

Build Platform/Configuration settings are grayed out for Python. Since they're used for more than "build" settings, I'd like them enabled.

These would be useful for the "Debug" settings in a Python project where I may want to pass different command line arguments when running under a different configuration. Aside from dealing with platform-specific issues, which can certainly matter in Python, I have more than one "Test" configuration that needs to launch my start-up script, each with different command line arguments.

For context: I'm building an application that uses COM components and that talks to a Python server. My "TestDeploy" configuration builds and launches everything as if the COM components are installed/registered on a user system and the Python script will prompt for user input as if it were Debug/Release. However, my "TestLocal" configuration, which stubs out the COM calls, also needs to pass a param to my Python script that suppresses the GUI, providing test values and allowing for automated/GUI-free testing.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steven Lavoie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon