I suggest you ...

is UWP alive or dead? Windows 10 programers confused as heck...

I got to say, Microsoft has everybody confused as heck... they kill off windows Mobile... but the Windows 10 programming books on the market still push UWP... so you download the code examples off of docs.microsoft.com and they want you to install a Windows Phone emulator just to run the sample code... WTF Microsoft? you people are confusing the **** out of the public... I look and I see that Microsoft's team is converting Control people into a UWP application, yet the outward signs from their document website is that UWP is shutdown because it based on windows mobile emulator in the samples zip file for UWP applications.... I don't mind using UWP XAML over WPF XAML... its just different controls... I just can't figure out why we still need to download the windows phone emulator just to see the sample code in the giant zip bundle... everytime i do that it makes me think UWP is dead and i'm wasting my time... actually, the other thing that annoys me around those sampe files is the "common" directory... I don't want to look at C++, javascript, and common directories... just put it all in one directory...please... people get annoyed when files get split up like that... duplication is ok... just use a script to keep them the same....for each bucket c++, c#, javascript,et c...

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
WMoore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't waste your time, embrace technologies that are adopted not technologies that are obviously

Feedback and Knowledge Base