I suggest you ...

provide a way for WPF applications to easily hide their windows from ALT+Tab

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351728/provide-a-way-for-wpf-applications-to-easily-hide.html
Currently, there is ShowInTaskbar=false you can do to hide your window from the task bar, but in order to hide a window from ALT+Tab, you must do that and change the WindowStyle=ToolWindow. I don't like ToolWindow generally, and it does not maximize properly which makes it undesirable for end-users.

There should be a ShowInTaskView=false or something to that effect for me to control that indvidually, or at least publish something that shows what the proper user32.dll call is so we can do it ourselves.

As a bonus kicker, if you examine Visual Studio, the Solution Explorer and other things that are clearly Tool Windows (called as such everywhere in the xaml) does NOT use WindowStyle=ToolWindow and still magically doesn't show up in ALT+Tab, so clearly the VS team noticed this problem, decided ToolWindow was unacceptable, but then had the inside knowledge to go a different route to hide their tool windows from ALT+Tab without changing the WindowStyle.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google