I suggest you ...

Remember QuickWatch window column sizes

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351263/remember-quickwatch-window-column-sizes.html
When you open the Quick Watch window all of the column widths resets themselves, so you have to resize every time to see the content of the object type in the last column. It would be useful if the size of the columns could be remembered by the IDE or at least sized in a better way.

142 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Luca Cestola shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,
While this particular item doesn’t have many votes compared to other feedback on Visual Studio’s UserVoice, I have seen a surge of complaints recently about the annoyance this causes you. So I am re-opening this item as Under Review. We on the Visual Studio team have a bug filed to fix this issue. I will update you as we determine when/if to fix this.
—Kaycee Anderson

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, we can't fix it, we're busy implementing new features such as popping up the yellow lightbulb whenever you don't want it and removing every single workaround to disable it.

• Karl Shifflett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insane. Why is a "Vote" required to fix the obvious and annoying? Real shame we are back here over 4 years after the initial request.

Yep, this is the way VS team solves problems - they just close eyes on them. It's so hard to increase hard-coded size by 100px.

• Luca Cestola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No special resize logic, just change the fixed sizes for the first two columns!

Years of time waste. Please reconsider this :)

Wow. The DataColumn is always hidden each and every time, and you guys just close the issue.
    Well done!

• Navnish Mishra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why cant they just open up auto sized in the first place? Feels like this window is an afterthought for the VS team.

• David Diez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this still doesn't get addressed. Can you please fix this in the next Service pack? Or we have to wait till VS 2015?

I have flagged this since VS2010! It was better then in that at least the windows were remembered within the same session.

It's important to me to see the object type in the far right column and every single invocation I have to reach over and expand the column.

I'd dearly love to have this repaired within my lifetime.

Feedback and Knowledge Base