I suggest you ...

Team Explorer needs better support for multiple Git accounts and repositories across VSTS and Github

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351802/team-explorer-needs-better-support-for-multiple-gi.html
Most developers have multiple accounts across VSTS and GitHub. Additionally within a single VS instance they may want to use different accounts for different sets of repositories both inside and outside VSTS. Currently you can only be signed in to a single Git account at a time. You have to remember to sign out before trying to connect to another repo that uses a different account. It seems like the account association can be managed better such that we can specify which account to use for each repo we set up (and default it to make it easier).

Furthermore if we have a large number of repos across VSTS and GitHub then Team Explorer just breaks them up by GitHub, VSTS and local repos. It would be nice if we could have some sort of way of grouping this better so that I can keep my work repos separate from my personal repos separate from my second work's repos. Right now they are all combined together making it hard to find the repos I care about.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael Taylor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google