I suggest you ...

Improve the Windows Phone emulators so that they can work within a Hyper-V instance

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351036/improve-the-windows-phone-emulators-so-that-they-c.html
I currently use Hyper-V for various development environments within my enterprise. One pain point I have building Windows Phone apps is the fact that the emulator uses Hyper-V. This creates an issue when I'm in a Hyper-V instance. There are workarounds as documented at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13148828/unable-to-create-the-virtual-machine, but I shouldn't have to follow a work around for what I would assume is a common scenario (common defined as more than 1% of developers not meaning majority).

Please vote for me!

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason Gaylord shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to select an online emulator (e.g. for computers with low power). I guess MS is able to emulate a windows phone app session quite easily, and optimisations are much higher than on a single computer.
    It would also allow to use many different ROMs as well as it takes a lot of disk space.

• Sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible, to select a remote host for running the Windows Phone Emulator, so you can develop phone apps inside a virtual machine.

• Shawn Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% with this. More and more teams are moving all development to take place inside virtual machines. Being able to do mobile development inside a VM is key to help increase development in the mobile space.

Feedback and Knowledge Base