I suggest you ...

Update WPF to V5 by 2014

Can we get an update as what work is getting done on the next release of WPF from 4.5 which was released last August.

Want to know if I should maintain my xaml skillset or get rid of it for HTML5 and etc....

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
IbrarM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. This item has been around for a couple of versions of Visual Studio and we haven’t acted on it. Looking at the VS “15” plans, we’re not going to take action on this item, so we’re going to close it. If the suggestion is still relevant, please either take a look to see if there’s another suggestion that’s similar that you can vote on, or open a new suggestion.
- The Visual Studio Team

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh well that didn't happen. The last post on WPF blog was 3 years ago. It was a great library for desktop apps. Far better than the poor xaml implementation in WinRT. Time to lean html 5 and kiss goodbye to platform dependence as Microsoft are not interested in the desktop anymore. Just write your apps for the browser and like Microsoft kiss goodbye to the desktop era. It is the wrong direction for Microsoft and the wrong direction for some applications but what else can you do when a fool has a gun except wait until they shoot themselves in the foot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base