I suggest you ...

Support nested types in Windows Workflow XAML

The current Windows Workflow design surface does not support nested types, but these are perfectly valid as an InArgument or OutArgument in a CodeActivity.

The two issues are:

1. Arguments or Variables in a XAML workflow cannot be of type SomeType.SomeOtherType and this happens often when we use 3rd party libraries or COM-callable wrappers
2. Trying to write any expression that involves a nested type which is serialized to XAML(and generates a <file>.g.cs) throws a designer error, even though this is perfectly valid code.

This is terribly inconsistent and sometimes makes me reconsider choosing WF when with this feature it would always have been the right choice. I'm planning a multi-year project and would like to push WF - except some critical libraries/types we need are just not working with the designer.

More information about this problem can be found over at my SO post: http://stackoverflow.com/q/17979224/802203

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ananth Balasubramaniam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion. The suggestion was made three years ago and has a low number of votes. In an effort to determine what scenarios customers still find relevant, we are closing old suggestions. Please create a new one if you feel this scenario is important.
- WF team

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base